1. Each student driving a car must register the car in the media center. All registrations should be completed and returned to the media center on the first or second day of school, no later than the first week if school. The cost of a parking tag for the school year is $50.00. If a student parks a car on campus without a permit, the privilege of driving will be revoked and the car will be booted at the owner’s expense.
2. Driving a car to school is a privilege that can be revoked.
3. Parking spaces for students are provided in designated areas only. Students are to park in the main parking lot between the main building and the football stadium. Students are to park in their assigned spaces according to their permit number and painted number in each parking space.
4. The number on the student parking tag will coincide with the number painted on the parking space that the student is to use. Do not park in a classmate's parking space.
5. As a condition of being allowed to park on the school grounds, the student and the student’s parent(s) or guardian(s) agree to allow school officials to search any vehicle. This includes the trunk and glove compartment areas of the vehicle whether or not it is the vehicle to which the parking permit specifically applies. The school official will search the vehicle if he/she has reasonable suspicion to believe that the student has drugs, weapon(s), alcohol or any prohibited substance as defined in the Alcohol and Drug Policy of the Wilson County School Board of Education.
6. The speed limit in the parking lot is 5 mph.
* Any student going to the parking lot will be accompanied by the parking lot attendant.
* On the fourth visit an office referral will be given to the student.
* If a student owes a fee a parking pass will not be issued until the fee is paid
1. All traffic laws must be followed to and from school. Racing motors, blowing horns, improper use of brakes, mufflers, loud music, hanging out of the windows, etc.on school grounds or adjacent areas which cause disruption will result in the loss of the driving permit.
2. If a tag is lost, the student will not be allowed to drive the car to school until he/she secures another tag.
3. Once a student enters campus he/she is not allowed to leave. All students should park and enter the building at once. Loitering in the parking lot will not be allowed. Excessive tardies to first block may result in the loss of the student’s driving privilege.
4. Once the student enters the building he/she can only return to the parking lot with a pass from an administrator or the “Parking Lot Pass”.
5. Students who leave campus without permission will have their driving privileges revoked.
6. The following consequences will be issued to any student not following the transportation guidelines:
a. First Offense – Written Warning
b. Second Offense – Driving privileges are revoked for10 days
c. Third Offense – Driving privileges are revoked for the remainder of the year
*Administration reserves the right to further disciplinary action for more serious offenses.